Thursday, January 31, 2008

KoolAid Scarf!


KoolAid scarf - whole
Originally uploaded by fiberbrarian
I've finished the KoolAid experiment - here's the proof!

The entire experiment (started last August) is in my Flickr area ("KoolAid"). The scarf is cast on and knit length wise. It's about six feet long. Mixed garter, stockinette, and reverse stockinette pattern by rows. Picked up and knit the ends in garter, using the two different greens in the scarf. Makes it look sort of patchwork-y.

I'm pleased with the experience. Not likely to do it again, but it's reminding me of August, which was a very nice warm time here. Almost hot.

The last couple of days have not been warm and certainly not hot (nor humid, either, so let's not be too harsh). It's now 6' above zero, which is the high temp for a few days, I think. The weather looks like we might be moving to a post-winter time. I don't think that's too wishful thinking. There are still cold snaps but they seem to be lasting only a couple of days. And the sun is bright and shining, just like I remember.

The day before yesterday was coooooooooold. I ran out to OfficeMax on an errand - and saw my first 'sun dog'. That's when a rainbow appears with the sun at its center. Must be the ice crystals in the air, reflecting on the light. Gorgeous. Still very cold, but pretty, too. It was worth the trade off.

I'm playing/working with Wimba and podcasts in my other life. When I get something together, I'll post it over in Fiberbrarian. (I guess I should check and see if it's still there.)

I have been knitting and spinning - just not posting. With the loss of Edwards' candidacy, I guess I've been spurred to action.
Almost everything you do will be insignificant, but it is important that you do it. --Gandhi
Enough said.

No comments: