Friday, December 15, 2006

Good intentions

The Yarn Harlot is back! I knew that I looked forward to her daily post - there's just something about her day that is more interesting than mine. But reading about her day through her eyes, helps me look at my life in a different perspective. What a gift she has given us. I meet knitters from all over the country and everyone seems to know about her blog, and the great stories that help to unite us beyond our knitting.

And she's back. With a great idea for sharing. At a time in the year when we try to do good and sometimes slip into excess. Stephanie suggests a donation to Doctors Without Borders -- and then tally our gift over at the Knitters Without Borders page. She's explained it all here.

In the meantime, on my Christmas knitting: I am SOOOOOO done! Well, the grey/rose vest still needs to be finished. But the sweater is done and gone. A parcel went out to AfghansforAfghans. The mitts are done several times over -- mittens, mittens, everywhere. And a parcel will soon go out to Dulaan. And I gave several dishcloths away at Tuesday's nights KnitWits meeting as presents (along with Franklin's mean kitty pins).

And, since the commission on the grey sweater was donated to KWB - I get to add the logo to my page! Good karma all around.

No comments: