Sunday, September 20, 2009

HatWars - first level


HatWars - first level
Originally uploaded by fiberbrarian
Here is my progress on the HatWars hat, first level. I'm doing "The Boy Hat" by Elizabeth Heath-Heckman. I'm at 6.5", which by my calculations means I can start the decreases. My victim's earlobe to earlobe measurement is 17". The pattern says to start the decrease at 2" from the top of the hat/head. So. Dividing that 17" in half (figuring just one side of the hat) equals 8.5" from the cast on to the crown (bind off). Since the decreases equal 2" of that total, I figure that the basic pattern should run 6.5". I hope that's right because I'm at 6.5" and I'm going to start decreasing!

My plan is to get this in the mail tomorrow (Monday) morning. Priority mail with confirmation. And then I'm going to come home and wait for my deadly package in the mail! Can't wait to see what yarn/pattern he/she chose for the weapon.

No comments: