Sunday, June 10, 2007

7 things -

I've been tagged by Jen over at http://www.newtonsknitting.blogspot.com/.

From her blog:
Here are the rules, as if you haven't already seen these a jillion times: Tell seven things about yourself on your blog, then tag seven other people to do the same. List who you are tagging on your blog, and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they've been tagged.

I can do the seven things - tagging seven other innocent people may be the tricky thing!

  1. I like winter. Not crazy about ice on sidewalks or roads, but luv it on lakes and rinks.
  2. I am moving from Missouri to North Dakota. This is my 2nd move in less than four months, and no, the second move is not easier because I know what I'm doing! :-)
  3. I really like birds. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed watching them until I started routinely filling up the birdbath that came with the Missouri house - and the birds showed up - and I moved a chair to the front porch and started watching them. Yesterday I saw four birds splashing about together at the same time. Once I saw a 'new' robin, stare at a starling splashing and bathing, obviously never having seen anything like this before. The baby robin kept dodging the splashes as it held on to the rim of the bird bath. I have had so much fun with these little guys. Yesterday, a male and female cardinal flew to the fence just in front of my chair (less than 2 yards away) and sat there and watched me for several seconds. They looked right at me but didn't fly away. Like they knew I was moving to North Dakota and wouldn't be seeing cardinals for a loooooooong time. (Cardinals are listed as 'rare' birds on the ND bird watcher list.)
  4. I believe in libraries. They are the gift that keeps on giving. From one generation to the next and to the next.
  5. I like rain - the sound and smell.
  6. I like wind. I look forward to spring when the wind has leaves to blow through - totally different sound.
  7. I like music. I especially like when people make their own music rather than relying on commercial performers.
See? The easy part is done. Now finding seven people .......
  1. Alaska Stick Girl - has she got pictures! She's just moved to a new blog page, but I hope she's still got the 'moose in her yard' pictures!
  2. A Dachshund's Life in Los Angeles - Wally is a long-haired dachshund. He had his own blog but found life too busy, so now he lets his Mom do the blog. Great pictures of Wally and his friends/family.
  3. Lorri's Knitting Link - Lorri is a friend of Maggi's. While visiting Chez Maggi, she commented on the cat bed I'd knit/felted for Ayla. Well - she made the mistake of introducing herself and commenting on a post here at the Warming House. Tag! Check out her knitting - I could not believe how beautiful her work is and that she could still appreciate a klugey felted cat bed. When she is doing stunning colorwork sweaters! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

No comments: