Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SNOW!

I realize this blog is called "The Warming House" and that title implies the love of winter. I do love winter, but not down here in Missouri! This is what greeted me as I walked out the door this morning.

Word is that it will get worse by this afternoon. sigh. Thank goodness for all the snow plowers and salters and good people who try to make walking/driving as safe as possible. And a special shout out to my coffee lady in Memorial Union. Bless them all.

In the meantime, I sent off my last scarf Friday to the mandala project. A tweedy mix of colors from Jo Sharp. mmmmmmmmm. Love that tweed. These colors/yarns are leftover from the scarf I have yet to finish from the Scarf Style book. (UFO # 13)

Rather than finish that, I am working on the Irish Hiking Scarf (UFO #3). It's portable, which seems to be important right now. It is not mindless knitting, however, so we'll see how it works out. The yarn (Mt. Colors - Mountain Goat - Ruby River) is spectacular. But I expect that of Mt. Colors now. What stunning yarn and color.

No comments: